Safe Boating Tips:
- Travel only in areas open to your type of boat.
- Carry a Coast Guard approved life vest (PFD) for each person on board.
- Always operate your boat at a safe speed.
- Always have a designated lookout to keep an eye out for other boaters and all other watercraft.
- If crossing a wake, cross at low speeds and keep a close lookout for other watercraft.
- Comply with all signs and respect barriers. This includes speed limits, no-wake zones and underwater obstructions, etc.
- Make every effort to always go boating with a partner.
- Don’t mix boating with alcohol or drugs.